Subject: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Re: Dell Support and NetBSD=3F?=
To: Michael Gorsuch <mgorsuch@fogcreek.com>
From: David Wetzel <dave@turbocat.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/10/2006 19:48:34
Michael Gorsuch wrote:

> Greetings all.  Is anyone here running production NetBSD systems on Dell
> hardware?  If so, what have your experiences been with the support staff
> when hardware fails?

I worked for a company who had some Dell PCs (as Workstations). After a while the power supplys died.
The Systems where 3 yrs old and Dell was not able to deliver a replacement in acceptable time and for a
real price. I installed standard 1U Server power supplys then.

If you buy only 30 systems from them, Dell is not very customer friendly.

If you can meet your needs with standard hardware, use that. You can find replacement parts on every
corner.

HTH

dave

--
   _  _
 _(_)(_)_  David Wetzel, Turbocat's Development,