Subject: Re: Dell Support and NetBSD?
To: Michael Gorsuch <mgorsuch@fogcreek.com>
From: Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/10/2006 20:41:24
Michael Gorsuch kirjoitti:
> Greetings all.  Is anyone here running production NetBSD systems on Dell
> hardware?  If so, what have your experiences been with the support staff
> when hardware fails?

At work we have several Dell PowerEdge servers (currently in active use model
numbers 750, 1800, 1850, 2400, 2600 and 2850) and so far only one (of two
available) power supply has failed from the old PE2400 :-)

So I'm very happy with the hardware (including hardware RAID controller -- we
have both SCSI and SATA) but I have only once needed on-site support...

All these are running NetBSD 3.x.

Martti