Subject: ksh and long command lines and wrapping
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/24/2006 11:38:14
I use ksh and when I have a long shell command line, I often can't even
see what I am typing. I have to remember where I am at and type blind.

This happens a lot if I have a long PS1 prompt.

Also I can't copy (and paste) from an xterm because the long command line
is not wrapped and the stuff I am typing is hidden.

Here is an example of copy and paste:

$KSH_VERSION
<
@(#)PD KSH v5.2.14 99/07/13.2

You can't even see my prompt or the "echo "

The "<" on my ksh console is at one character from right side of screen.
(I think that means the line is too long.)

I normally don't have that problem with bash.

Is there some shell variable for ksh so the long command lines will wrap
to next line instead of disappearing?

- Jeremy C. Reed