Subject: Re: USB Card reader on NetBSD/amd64 3.0
To: Anne Bennett <anne@porcupine.montreal.qc.ca>
From: Jan Danielsson <jan.danielsson@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/18/2006 20:10:35
--------------enig22A992CFDE504FC0D1609E93

Anne Bennett wrote:
[---]
>> When I insert an SD card into the
>> card reader, the reader's light goes on, but there's no reaction from
>> NetBSD.
>=20
> Ditto, but I was not expecting a "reaction from NetBSD", so I did not
> see this as a problem.

   When I insert my USB memorystick, I get a message on the console
which states that something has happened with sd0, so I was expecting
something from the card reader too.

Anyway, could you run:

# usbdevs -v

   ...and post the results?

   It seems that my NetBSD system doesn't even see the card reader.

>> So I tried to boot an Ubuntu LiveCD, just to try to rule out the
>> possibility that the reader/card is broken. However, when I insert the=

>> card into the reader while running Ubuntu, the light goes on, and a
>> message appears on the console that the card has been mounted, and sur=
>> enough, it has.
>=20
> I just mount and unmount mine manually as needed.  Here's an extract
> from my fstab file:
[---]

   Doesn't work here. :-(

mount: cannot open `/dev/sd0e`: Device not configured

mount: cannot open `/dev/sd1e`: Device not configured

etc..

--=20
Kind Regards,
Jan Danielsson
Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.