Subject: Bash Configuration Question
To: NetBSD-help <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: mowestusa <mowestusa@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/15/2006 21:45:22
Be aware I'm just trying to learn NetBSD.

I found in the NetBSD wiki a great little help in
learning how to install packages (binaries). I used
this little hint to do "setenv PKG_PATH..." and it
worked perfectly. The first thing I did was install
bash shell because I'm more used to that from my linux
experience. I also found a great tutorial on the wiki
telling me how to switch to using bash as my default
shell. This too worked great, but (I know some of you
have guessed this one) "pkg_add -v packagename does
not work anymore because it is only looking for the
package in my home directory. I have tried setenv
PKG_PATH again, but it says that no command exists. So
I'm guessing that since I'm not using the sh shell any
longer this is the issue.

How do I use bash and set the "PKG_PATH" back to the
"ftp://" site?

Thanks for the help, or for pointing me to where I can
read the answer.

Steve
mowestusa@yahoo.com