Subject: freebsd binary compatibility
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: david aubril <david.aubril@ac-nantes.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/05/2006 09:45:29
Hi everyone.
I am just a simple user ( not a programmer ). I use netbsd as my
every-day desktop. I'm trying to understand the way binary compatibility
works. It went perfect with linux, but I'm having more difficulties with
freebsd binary compatibility. I installed freebsd-libs from pkgsrc. I
got several freebsd binary packages.
1=C2=B0) But what do I do with these packages ? Is there an app like rpm2pk=
that let you install freebsd binary packages ? Or do I have to do it
manually ? Port2pkg desn't seem to be aimed for binary packages.=20
2=C2=B0) In fact, if I take a simple freebsd binary package and put it
into /usr/pkg/emul/freebsd/usr/bin, it gives me: "1: Syntax error: "("
unexpected". I tried with several packages, it is always the same.
Well, if somebody knows about that, any idea is welcome.
Thank you.
David=20