Subject: Re: Question on .profile
To: Huub <huubvanniekerk@gmail.com>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/23/2006 10:31:07
On Fri, 23 Jun 2006, Huub wrote:

> I want to have an environmental setting when I login. In Linux (and
> Solaris) this can be done (as far as I know) with .profile. In the
> NetBSD docs I can't find anything similar. I suppose this is possible?

It should behave the same.

Do you have a specific problem or example?

Note that .profile is used by bourne shells like bash, ksh and sh but not
csh or tcsh. Use chsh to change your desired login shell.

What docs are you looking at?

NetBSD also has login classes which can be defined by the system
administrator which can also setup users' environments. (See login.conf
manual page for some details.)

 Jeremy C. Reed

echo '9,J8HD,fDGG8B@?:536FC5=8@I;C5?@H5B0D@5GBIELD54DL>@8L?:5GDEJ8LDG1' |\
sed ss,s50EBsg | tr 0-M 'p.wBt SgiIlxmLhan:o,erDsduv/cyP'