Subject: Audacity balks at recording
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Eric d'Alibut <eric.halibut@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/22/2006 00:12:26
I am fond of pointing realplayer at fm stations and recording programs
with audacity.

If I first start realplayer, and then audacity, this message appears:

"There was an error initializing the audio i/o layer.
"You will not be able to play or record audio.

"Error: Host error."

(These messages do not appear if I start audacity first, and then
launch realplayer.)

Then if I click "Ok" this message appears:

"Cannot get priority range for scheduling policy 0."

Then if I click on record -- and this is regardless of the order of
starting (realplayer first, or audacity first) -- this message
appears:

"Error while opening sound device. Please check the input device
settings and the project sample rate."

Realplayer works fine by itself. Audacity seems to work fine by itself
in that if I open a wav file in it audacity will play and analyze it
etc.

(This is i386 3.0.0_STABLE as of June 14th.)

Best regards,

--
No no no, my fish's name is Eric, Eric the fish. He's an halibut. I am
not a looney! Why should I be tarred with the epithet looney merely