Subject: Re: anyone get NUT (Network UPS Tools) 2.0.3 to work?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Henry Nelson <netb@yuba.ne.jp>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/19/2006 06:55:29
On Sun, Jun 18, 2006 at 02:39:59PM -0500, Jonathan A. Kollasch wrote:
> > to start up with no trouble, but upsmon cannot connect.  I'm thinking
> > of going back to nut-1.5.9 that worked like a charm unless someone
> > out there has had more luck.
>
> I've had good luck with the 2.0.3 from pkgsrc.

Thanks for the input.  I won't give up then.

> > What I get from `/usr/local/ups/sbin/upsmon -D` is:
> > Trying to connect to UPS [su1000@localhost]
> > UPS [su1000@localhost]: connect failed: Connection failure: Network is un=
> reachable
> > do_notify: ntype 0x0005 (COMMBAD)
> > Communications with UPS su1000@localhost lost
> > wall: /dev/ttyp0: Operation not permitted
[...]
> > Also, what is the "Network is unreachable" message all about?  The network
>
> That doesn't make sense, 127.0.0.0/8 should always be reachable via lo0.

That's what I say, too.  The only real change in my setup (besides the
update from nutups1.5 to nutups2.0) is that I now connect to the internet
by pppoe, not tcp/ip as before.  Could this be confusing nut/upsmon somehow?

--
henry nelson
  WWW_HOME=http://yuba.ne.jp/~home/