Subject: anyone get NUT (Network UPS Tools) 2.0.3 to work?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Henry Nelson <netb@yuba.ne.jp>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/18/2006 22:57:59
I've been trying to get nut-2.0.3, http://www.networkupstools.org/,
to work for the last 3 weeks or so.  The driver and daemon appear
to start up with no trouble, but upsmon cannot connect.  I'm thinking
of going back to nut-1.5.9 that worked like a charm unless someone
out there has had more luck.

What I get from `/usr/local/ups/sbin/upsmon -D` is:
Trying to connect to UPS [su1000@localhost]
UPS [su1000@localhost]: connect failed: Connection failure: Network is unreachable
do_notify: ntype 0x0005 (COMMBAD)
Communications with UPS su1000@localhost lost
wall: /dev/ttyp0: Operation not permitted
Trying to connect to UPS [su1000@localhost]
UPS [su1000@localhost]: connect failed: Connection failure: Network is unreachable
do_notify: ntype 0x0008 (NOCOMM)
UPS su1000@localhost is unavailable
wall: /dev/ttyp0: Operation not permitted
Trying to connect to UPS [su1000@localhost]
UPS [su1000@localhost]: connect failed: Connection failure: Network is unreachable

I don't understand why "wall" gets involved in this, nor what "/dev/ttyp0"
has to do with anything.  Upsmon is set up to communicate on /dev/tty1.
Also, what is the "Network is unreachable" message all about?  The network
works fine, and in the first place upsmon should be connecting via the
serial cable, not the network.

Any help or ideas much appreciated.

--
henry nelson