Subject: Re: can't get mail through to list?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Jukka Salmi <j+nbsd@2006.salmi.ch>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/18/2006 15:18:48
Chuck Swiger --> netbsd-help (2006-06-18 08:33:06 -0400):
> >it doesn't exactly say "try again in x minutes"
>
> You're right...some greylist implementations tell you (ie, postgrey),
> whereas the sendmail-milter greylist doesn't appear to.
>
> >also the second one says nearly 2 hrs!
> >horror horror.
>
> Yeah, that's longer than I'd expect greylisting to block a message
> (although it is tunable);

It seems that some spambots do read the 4xx greylisting response and
defer sending for as many seconds as they were told. That's why lots
of MTAs are configured to not include a time value in their response
at all; I've yet seen responses like `Greylisted for 100000000
seconds'...

Cheers, Jukka

--
bashian roulette: