Subject: Re: examples of using boot with boot device?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/13/2006 14:46:59
>  boot hd0a:netbsd
>
> But it fails with:
>
>  pxe_netif_probe: PXENV_UDP_OPEN failed: 0x60
>  net_open: netif_open() failed
>  open hd0a:netbsd: Device not configured
>  boot: Device not configured

It looks like pxeboot doesn't support that.

So I tried a normal "boot" but that rebooted immediately.

So I used pxeboot to load a kernel. And that went into debugger since no
filesystem to mount.

So I tried "boot -a" and that failed.

Another reboot... (only about 30 times now :)

I did "boot netbsd -a" and that prompted me for the root filesystem.

I entered "wd0a". And that failed too:

file system (default generic): **I pressed enter**
boot device: wd0
root on wd0a dumps on wd0b
root file system type: ext2fs
warning: lookup /dev/console: error 20
exec /sbin/init: error 20
exec /sbin/oinit: error 20
exec /sbin/init.bak: error 20
init path:

I have no idea where this "ext2fs" came from. I see other postings with
similar issues.

So I rebooted again.

And chose "ffs" as my filesystem type.

That failed with:

root on wd0a dumps on wd0b
cannot mount root, error = 22
root device (default wd0a):

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can get my laptop to boot using the
NetBSD installed at wd0a?

 Jeremy C. Reed

echo '9,J8HD,fDGG8B@?:536FC5=8@I;C5?@H5B0D@5GBIELD54DL>@8L?:5GDEJ8LDG1' |\
sed ss,s50EBsg | tr 0-M 'p.wBt SgiIlxmLhan:o,erDsduv/cyP'