Subject: examples of using boot with boot device?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/13/2006 13:40:10
So I installed Ubuntu on a testing laptop. It blew away my boot loader
without asking with grub. So I setup its /boot/grub/menu.lst to boot
NetBSD and that worked fine.

But today the Linux ext3fs file system died taking away my grub.

I already have pxeboot on my network and that boots.

What do I type in to boot my first partition on my ide disk?

boot(8) manual page doesn't have an example for me.

I tried:

 boot hd0a:netbsd

But it fails with:

 pxe_netif_probe: PXENV_UDP_OPEN failed: 0x60
 net_open: netif_open() failed
 open hd0a:netbsd: Device not configured
 boot: Device not configured

 Jeremy C. Reed

echo '9,J8HD,fDGG8B@?:536FC5=8@I;C5?@H5B0D@5GBIELD54DL>@8L?:5GDEJ8LDG1' |\
sed ss,s50EBsg | tr 0-M 'p.wBt SgiIlxmLhan:o,erDsduv/cyP'