Subject: binary pkgsrc collections
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Eric d'Alibut <eric.halibut@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/10/2006 10:28:54
Hi. Instead of plunging into tracking -current, this time around I
have gotten in sync with netbsd-3-0. The aim is to get experience with
maintaining a stable production machine.

Should I set my PKG_PATH for binary pkgsrc packages to one of the
quarterly collections, rather than simply to '3.0'? e.g:

setenv PKG_PATH
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/packages-2006Q1/NetBSD-3.0/i386/All

I'm a tad confused as to the relationship between release branches and
pkgsrc. My thought is to avoid a binary pkgsrc collection that is
basically a creature of -current.

tia!
--
No no no, my fish's name is Eric, Eric the fish. He's an halibut. I am
not a looney! Why should I be tarred with the epithet looney merely