Subject: Re: Via Technologies Unichrome Integrated Graphics driver
To: Jan Erik Freytag <freytag@klaus-zeh.de>
From: Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/08/2006 17:16:03
On Thu, 8 Jun 2006, Jan Erik Freytag wrote:
>> I just installed NetBSD 3.0 and have been unable to find the correct
>> graphics driver. Is anybody using this card or can perhaps suggest which
>> card to use that may be the closest fit?
>> I am attaching the output of dmesg w.r.t the graphics information below.
>
> As a vendor of Epia-based computers  I can
> tell you for sure that the right driver to choose is simply
> called "via".

A note of caution, you must explicitly set the VideoRAM to something like
16384 (and I've also found HWCursor=False to be useful). From my
XF86Config:

 	VideoRAM 16384k
 	Option "HWCursor" "False"

As an aside, you may find http://unichrome.sourceforge.net/ useful as the
via driver doesn't support everything the unichrome offers.

--
Stephen