Subject: X on a Laptop
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Phil Nelson <phil@cs.wwu.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/06/2006 22:52:49
--nextPart2668563.LurLlL1YyM

I just installed 3.0 on a new Gateway Laptop.  The bottom says
model MA1.  I have not been able to get a good picture with
X using either the distribute X servers or the pkgsrc X servers.
I was wondering if someone had a working XF86Config for that=20
laptop.

Thanks.
=2D-Phil

p.s. on a different note, the laptop also has a 2200BG Intel
wireless card.  I've got the iwi_firmware and and get it
correctly configured with nwid and nwkey ... but I can never
get ifconfig to report a status other than "no network".
I know the card works from other OSes.  Any help on this one?

=2D-=20
Phil Nelson                       NetBSD: http://www.NetBSD.org
e-mail: phil@cs.wwu.edu           Coda: http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu
http://www.cs.wwu.edu/nelson=20