Subject: smbclient works where mount_smbfs doesn't
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: theo borm <theo_nbsdhelp@borm.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/06/2006 13:02:23
Hi,

I'm a bit confused about mounting samba shares.

If I do either
mount_smbfs -I sp.wrn.nl -W WRN -U brm //SP/Dfs$ /home/theo/shmnt
or
mount_smbfs -I sp.wrn.nl -W WRN //brm@SP/Dfs$ /home/theo/shmnt

I get the following error:

mount_smbfs: mount error for /home/theo/shmnt: Operation not supported
by device

googling a bit it is suggested that I should have /proc mounted
(I have), that the proper devices should exist etc, but not much else.

Using smbclient:
smbclient -I sp.wrn.nl -U brm -W WRN //SP/Dfs$
works without problem, so I suspect the problem isn't the server but
rather the netbsd-mounting-the-share bit.

Any clues? What obvious point have I missed?

with Kind regards,

Theo.