Subject: Re: how to use DLINK DUB E-100
To: Patrick Useldinger <pu@vo.lu>
From: Sigmund Skjelnes <skjelnes@robin.no>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/08/2006 23:37:53
I'd have read your dmesg.001, and it seems to me that the USB controller
have a problem, cause it says "cannot map I/O space", and uhub* is not
found, at least it should turn up with one. This could prevent the USB
nic to be found. I'd think that the controller problem should be solved
before looking further to the usb nic problem. Do you have tried to
connect a memstick or a mouse etc. to the usb port? You may have to
start the machine with the memstick in the socket to have it found by
the kernel, necessarily not if you have an recent kernel, 2.something.

When the kernel do not recognice an device, it usually came with a dmesg
line like "device **** not configured". It have happened that the device
have not been remarked by the kernel at all, but that may have been on
an older kernel.

NetBSD have lagged a little behind Linux in supporting all sorts of
gadgets, maybe ( with all respect for the Linux community ) because
NetBSD testing and document them before putting it onto an production
kernel. Had to use an current kernel to get my WLAN nic card running,
just to mention it.

Cincerely,
Sigmund