Subject: Re: a question about syslog.conf
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jukka Salmi <j+nbsd@2006.salmi.ch>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/20/2006 19:03:53
Thierry Lacoste --> netbsd-help (2006-02-20 18:27:59 +0100):
> Thanks Jukka.
>
> I have two /var/log/messages lines so I wrote:
>
> !-ntpd,dhcpd,named
> *.info;auth,authpriv,cron,ftp,kern,lpr,mail.none        /var/log/messages
> kern.debug                                              /var/log/messages
> !*
>
> It seems to work as I want.
> Is this OK?

Sure.

BTW: another approach would be to configure your daemons to use a
syslog facility other from their defaults, and then log by facility
as desired. E.g. my dhcpd uses local6, named logs with local7, and
syslog.conf contains

[...]
*.info;auth,authpriv,cron,ftp,kern,lpr,mail,local0,local1,local2,local3,local4,local5,local6,local7.none                                /var/log/messages
[...]
local6.debug                                            /var/log/dhcpd
local7.debug                                            /var/log/named
[...]

Cheers, Jukka

--
bashian roulette: