Subject: a question about syslog.conf
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Thierry Lacoste <th.lacoste@wanadoo.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/20/2006 16:40:31
On my 3.0 ntpd+dhcpd+named server I appended the
following lines to my default /etc/syslog.conf

!ntpd
*.*                                                     /var/log/ntpd
!dhcpd
*.*                                                     /var/log/dhcpd
!named
*.*                                                     /var/log/named

The messages for e.g. named go to /var/log/named
as I wanted. But they also still go to /var/log/mesages.
which is not what I expected.
Is there a way to prevent this?
Indeed I have to make logcheck explicitly ignore the
messages from ntpd, dhcpd and named which I'd raher avoid.

Is there a reason why I should let the messages go to
/var/log/messages?

Regards,
Thierry.