Subject: uhub0: port 1, set config at addr 2 failed
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/17/2006 08:25:43
My son has a very cheap Polaroid Ion camera. I think it is the same camera
as this:
http://www.polaroid-digital.com/?cid=14&lid=1&serid=70&pid=296

http://www.polaroid.com/global/detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441763924&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302031809&bmUID=1140122571247&bmLocale=en_US

http://www.ion-camera.com/troubleshooting/digitalcam.html  (ionstv680)

The tech support says it should just work on Mac OS without any drivers.

When I plugged into a NetBSD/i386 2.1 system and a 3.99.15 (-current from
a few weeks ago) system, I received:

uhub0: port 1, set config at addr 2 failed
uhub0: device problem, disabling port 1

The camera beeps and says "PC" on its small LCD screen when I plug it in
to the computer's USB port.

I also tried different USB ports on my two systems. One system has:

 uhci0 at pci0 dev 7 function 2: VIA Technologies VT83C572 USB Controller
  (rev. 0x02)
 uhci0: interrupting at irq 10
 usb0 at uhci0: USB revision 1.0
 uhub0 at usb0

The other system has same controller but rev. 0x80.

Any ideas on what the "uhub0: port 1, set config at addr 2 failed" means?

I was hoping I could just plug it in and mount a msdos device and retrieve
the files.

I also was going to try gphoto2, but didn't try yet since I received that
"disabling" message.

Any suggestions?

 Jeremy C. Reed

	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/