Subject: about dns..
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Luca Sironi <luca.sironi@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/15/2006 19:16:39
------=_Part_13133_13388896.1140027399397

I'm trying for my first time to set up a dns.
I'm reading chapter 23 of the netbsd guide about DNS

in particular i read

in addition to being able to startup "named" at boot time, it can also be
controlled with the *ndc* command. In a nutshell the *ndc* command can stop=
,
start or restart the named server process. It can also do a great many othe=
things. Before use, it has to be setup to communicate with the "named"
process, see the
ndc(8)<http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?ndc+8+NetBSD-current>and
named.conf(5)<http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?named.conf+5+NetBSD-curr=
ent>man
pages for more details on setting up communication channels between
"ndc" and the "named" process.

but i have got no ndc command on my system so i'm a bit confused..

luca_
--
www.sironi.tk

------=_Part_13133_13388896.1140027399397

I'm trying for my first time to set up a dns.<br>I'm reading chapter 23 of =
ddition to being able to startup &quot;named&quot; at boot time,
      it can also be controlled with the <span><strong class=3D"command">nd=
c</strong></span>
      command. In a nutshell the <span><strong class=3D"command">ndc</stron=
g></span> command
      can stop, start or restart the named server process. It can also
      do a great many other things. Before use, it has to be setup to
      communicate with the &quot;named&quot; process, see the <a href=3D"ht=
tp://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?ndc+8+NetBSD-current"><span class=3D"cit=
urrent"><span class=3D"citerefentry"><span class=3D"refentrytitle">named.co=
      communication channels between &quot;ndc&quot; and the &quot;named&qu=
ot;
k">www.sironi.tk</a>

------=_Part_13133_13388896.1140027399397--