Subject: rebuild wpa_supplicant with EAP/PEAP support
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: dixie <dixieml@imap.cc>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/08/2006 17:53:38
Hi list,
I've tried to use wpa_supplicant with EAP/PEAP encriptyon obtaining the
following message:

Line 312: unknown EAP method 'PEAP'
You may need to add support for this EAP method during wpa_supplicant
build time configuration.
See README for more information.
Line 312: failed to parse eap 'PEAP'.
Line 319: failed to parse network block.
Failed to read configuration file '/usr/nb-dist/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf'.

My wpa_supplicant.conf contains the following lines:

# EAP-PEAP/MSCHAPv2 configuration for RADIUS servers that use the new
peaplabel
# (e.g., Radiator)
network={
        ssid="ssid"
        key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
        eap=PEAP
        identity="user"
        password="password"
        ca_cert="/path/to/cert"
        phase1="peaplabel=1"
        phase2="auth=MSCHAPV2"
        priority=10
}

I've rebuilt wpa_supplicant on my own, after creating the configuration
file (.config) in src/dist/wpa_supplicant/ but it gives me the same
error message (above).

It contains the following definitions:

# EAP-MSCHAPv2 (automatically included if EAP-PEAP is enabled)
CONFIG_EAP_MSCHAPV2=y

# EAL-PEAP
CONFIG_EAP_PEAP=y

What am I missing?

Please cc me because I'm not subscribed to this list.
Thank you :)