Subject: the sad story of my graphical interface
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: david aubril <david.aubril@ac-nantes.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/04/2006 09:40:43
    Hum, hum. It's me again, still trying to get gnome to work on netbsd
3.0 with Xorg ( no Xfree86 installed ) form pkgsrc 2005 Q4.
    I build xorg. Everything wet fine ( finally ). I build gnome-base.
Same thing. I build gdm. Perfect.
    Startx works, xorgcfg works.
    But when I try to start gdm, I get the message: /gdm_server_spawn:
Xserver not found: /usr/X11R6/bin/X:0 -audit 0 -auth /var/gdm/:0.Xauth
-nolisten tcp/.
    I am not fluent in english, but I think this means that gdm doesn't
find X. I checked the paths at the places I know: .profile, .cshrc,
/etc/csh.cshrc. I even set the paths lines in gdm.conf, which is quite
stupid.
    Well, coming from linux, netbsd is a marvellous challenge.
    So, does somebody know what I need to change to get gdm to work ?
    Thanks.