Subject: Falcom SAMBA 75 - "could not set data multiplex mode"
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Brad du Plessis <bradd@cat.co.za>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/18/2005 10:56:39
Hi all,

I've just acquired a Falcom SAMBA 75 GSM/GPRS/EDGE USB modem for its EDGE
capability and I'm seeing the following printouts when plugging it into my
system running NetBSD 2.0_STABLE:

-- snip --
umodem0 at uhub0 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0
umodem0: Siemens AG Wireless Modules MC75, rev 1.10/0.00, addr 2, iclass 2/2
umodem0: data interface 1, has CM over data, has no break
umodem0: could not set data multiplex mode
umodem0: at uhub0 port 1 (addr 2) disconnected
umodem0 detached
-- snip --

What does "could not set data multiplex mode" mean?
Can anyone offer me any advice on how I could get this device picked up
properly?

Thanks,
 Brad