Subject: Re: Updating to Netbsd 2.1 - Problems with Postfix
To: Christoph Dietzschold <cd@hoerbe.net>
From: Timo Schoeler <timo.schoeler@riscworks.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/11/2005 23:38:34
ah,

i did install postfix the way you did (from an 2.0.2 production system
to the new 2.1 machine) and run into a SASL problem:

relaying via another host using postfix' relayhost functionality
authenticating via SASL led to a not working setup. however, i could
resolve this by replacing the relay hosts FQDN (in the main.cf file on
the 2.1 host) by it's IP address. i can reproduce this but didn't dig
further into it and neither filed a PR yet.

timo