Subject: Re: The correct way to use gcc from pkgsrc?
To: Timo Schoeler <timo.schoeler@riscworks.net>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/07/2005 13:03:38
On 11/7/05, Timo Schoeler <timo.schoeler@riscworks.net> wrote:
> > I had a build problem and I decided to build the 3.4 version of gcc
> > and try again. What's the correct way to use this?
> >
> > In the meantime, I just changed my paths to have /usr/pkg/gcc34/bin
> > searched first, which seems to work but doesn't seem like a clean way
> > to do this.
> >
> > I didn't find anything after searching, but I didn't search very long e=
ither.

> > Thanks.
> >
> > Andy
>
> insert a line saying:
>
> GCC_REQD=3D3.4
>
> into /etc/mk.conf

Ok, modifying the path seems to have helped.

Something strange happened though. This problem was found when
building postgresql80 on my cobalt.

When the package got done installing, I noticed that it says it
required gcc34, but it didn't fail in the beginning because of this,
and I didn't know this, I just upgraded thinking it was worth a try.

Hmm.

Andy