Subject: Getting a working pflkm for 2.0.2
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Adam Hess <drsaturn@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/29/2005 17:55:40
All,

I'm trying to convert an old Dell NAT box of mine from linux to
netbsd. So far I've got both NICs working (using the tlp driver for
both).  And now I'm trying to get the pf module from pkgsrc to load.=20
So far I've tried the following:

Using the binary pflkm-20050511.tgz for netbsd 2.0 (pkgsrc 2005Q2 and
2005Q3) which give the the following when I try to load:

 # modload /usr/pkg/lkm/pf.o
 modload: error initializing module: Program version wrong

Which makes sense since I'm using 2.0.2 not 2.0 but I don't see an
i386 version for 2.0.2.

So then I tried compiling from pkg src but make fails with the
following when compiling if_pflog.c:

 if_pflog.c:39:23: sys/param.h: No such file or directory
 if_pflog.c:40:23: sys/param.h: No such file or directory
 In file included from if_pflog.c:41:
 ../include/sys/mbuf.h:79:24: sys/malloc.h No such file or directory

Followed by a list of simmilar errors.

So anyway I just want to get a pf.o that works. I don't particularly
care if it is binary or from source.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Adam