Subject: Re: Nokia as GPRS modem
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Brad du Plessis <bradd@cat.co.za>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/27/2005 09:27:29
>> Most do.
>
> exactly. GPRS phones work with an extended version of the AT command set.

I've tried both a 5140 and a 6100 and neither phone seems to respond to AT
commands (confirmed in minicom). It seems as though the cable itself
contains the USB-serial device and it gets detected as a USB - serial
controller all on its own (without plugging the other end of the cable into
the phone), maybe this is the problem.

Brad