Subject: Re: location of named.conf
To: Thierry Lacoste <th.lacoste@wanadoo.fr>
From: Timo Schoeler <timo.schoeler@riscworks.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/25/2005 10:57:45
Thierry Lacoste wrote:
> If you follow the NetBSD guide '/etc/rc.d/named start'
> does not work because named expects its configuration file
> in /etc/named.conf while it is in /etc/namedb/named.conf
>
> What is the rationale for that?
>
> Is /etc/namedb/named.conf an example that we are supposed
> to modify and put in /etc?
> Do I have to 'ln -s /etc/namedb/named.conf /etc/named.conf'?
> Is it better to put 'named_flags="-c /etc/namedb/named.conf"
> in /etc/rc.conf?

hm, IIRC there was said to softlink /etc/named/named.conf to
/etc/named.conf in the dns-cache section of the NetBSD Guide. however, i
don't see it there any longer (well, cvsweb is your friend)...

i also saw that -- which was not the case 'til 2.0.2 -- a
/etc/named.conf exists on a freshly installed system.

timo