Subject: Re: RAM not fully recognized
To: Arne Kaiser <kaiser@hauptsache.net>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/24/2005 21:39:10
On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 02:08:12PM +0200, Arne Kaiser wrote:
> Dear All,
> we just installed netbsd on the following system. Everthing seems to be
> ok so far, but the the system has 2 GB ram installed  (and the BIOS
> detects 2 GB) but netbsd only uses 1 GB. Are there any options in the
> kernel config file that can influence this?

If you want to investigate, there are already some diagnostic printfs
in the standalone boot code (probably somewhere in sys/arch/i386/stand/lib)
which can be enabled so the boot program will return the answers to the
bios calls it makes when trying to find memory.

Maybe they will be enlightening!

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk