Subject: Re: RAM not fully recognized
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/24/2005 14:32:13
In article <435CCEAC.2060805@hauptsache.net>,
	Arne Kaiser <kaiser@hauptsache.net> writes:
> Dear All,
> we just installed netbsd on the following system. Everthing seems to be
> ok so far, but the the system has 2 GB ram installed  (and the BIOS
> detects 2 GB) but netbsd only uses 1 GB. Are there any options in the
> kernel config file that can influence this?

Not really. You can force a particular amount with REALBASEMEM
and REALEXTMEM, but the GENERIC kernel wouldn't have that.  Maybe
something's not quite right with the hardware?  Try a stand-alone
memory tester, such as "memtest86+" from sourceforge. If it checks
out, you could try forcing the issue with the above-mentioned
kernel options.

--
Frederick