Subject: Tricky network config.
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/19/2005 23:38:04
I have a machine with three ethernet interfaces, where I would like
routing to use the source address for next hop decision, but I can't
figure out how. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

The deal is like this:

o ex0 is an internal network, which is NATed and firewalled.
o ex1 is an external interface on which I'd like trafic from ex0 go to.
o tlp0 is an external interface on which I'd like external sessions to
  connect to.

The deal is that the default route used for traffic initiated in the
machine, or from the internal network I'd like to go to ex1.
Externally initiated traffic to the machine will come to tlp0. The machine
serves mail, web and other stuff.

Right now I can only get the replies to traffic on tlp0 and my own
outgoing traffic to use the same default route. However, I'd like to send
traffic which has a source addess of tlp0 to go out on tlp0's next hop
gateway, while all other traffic would go to ex1's next hope gateway.

This is so that external traffic will not use the same bandwidth that I
use for my "own" traffic. Load balancing in a crude way. :-)

Anyone know how to do this?
If my explanation or idea is unclear, please ask, and I'll try to explain
more.

	Johnny