Subject: Re: xpkgwedge and Solaris (how do I turn it off?)
To: Luke Ravitch <ravitch@nrtc.northrop.com>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/11/2005 15:39:40
On Tue, 11 Oct 2005, Luke Ravitch wrote:

>    1. Convince xpm (and *all* other X packages) not to require xpkgwedge

You should be able to turn it off with:
USE_XPKGWEDGE=NO  in your mk.conf.

>    2. Convince pkgsrc to use the built-in libxpm instead of depending on
>       the pkg version.  (This might not be a sufficiently general solution,
>       but it should at least get me Emacs.)

Try setting in your mk.conf:

PREFER.xpm=native
-or-
PREFER_NATIVE+=xpm

>    3. Get xpkgwedge working on Slowaris.

I am unfamiliar with the xpkgwedge problems you see on Solaris. (You
didn't specifically show the problem.) I have used pkgsrc on Solaris to
build many X related packages, but not for several months.

  Jeremy C. Reed

  	  	 	 Media Relations and Publishing Services
 	  	 	 http://www.reedmedia.net/