Subject: Re: Sparcstaion 5 and netbsd
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubertf@gmx.de>
From: Mike Sodos <mhs.wish@afteroffice.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/31/2005 14:54:25
I have read the INSTALL. many times. It has not helped. I believe it is a SPRC issue.
When this machine has Solaris 2.6 on it, it booted perfectly. Somehow I nned to tell it where the NETBSD boot is located and I do not know how.

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 21:11:15 +0200 (CEST), Hubert Feyrer <hubertf@gmx.de> wrote:

 "Go ahead and do it, it is easier to apologize than to get permission." - Admiral Grace Hopper

> In article <df4bje+u30j@eGroups.com> you wrote:
> > I have a sparcstation 5 with a cd reader and 2-2 gig hard drives.
> > Memory  is maxed out. I created an iso of netbsd 2 and popped it in to
> > cd reader and it booted up and I installed netbsd or so I thought.
> > Took out cd and
> > rebooted the machine and lo and behold it just spins the hard drive
> > and that is all that happens. Can someone tell me what I forgot to do
> > to make this puppy boot netbsd. I do not have a floppy drive so I
> > cannot make a boot floppy, and I do not want to always have a cd
> > loaded.
>
> Read the INSTALL.{txt,html,ps,whatever} that's part of the release (on the
> CD). If things still are shady after that, provide information.
>

>  - Hubert

Stay connected after office,
Get your free virtual office @ http://afteroffice.com