Subject: Re: NBSD installation
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jerry VanBrimmer <jevb.1@runbox.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/25/2005 22:01:43
On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 09:08:53PM +0100, David Laight wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 08:50:02AM -0700, Jerry VanBrimmer wrote:
> >
> > hdb11 is 17GB. Will sysinst see it as it's formatted now, in ext3? Or
> > should I reformat that partition before I start the install?
>
> NetBSD (and hence sysinst) uses its own disklabel to split a single
> mbr/bios partition into multiple (NetBSD) partitions and hence filesystems.
> The disklabel contains absolute sector numbers - so can reference any
> part of the disk.  It is saved at the start of the netbsd mbr partition.

Okay, I got all the way up to where sysinst asked if I wanted to make
the NetBSD partition active. I answered 'Yes', but it never set it
active. And, in the partition options pop-up menu, I cannot even select
the Set Active option. I don't *think* I did anything wrong, so all I
can think of is that sysinst won't allow a partition on an extended
partition to be set active. Any ideas?