Subject: Re: Cannot compile boost: type_traits has problems?
To: Stephane Bortzmeyer <stephane@sources.org>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/24/2005 11:06:08
--uWA6ivsFTdIbDdzo

On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 10:15:48AM +0200, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> I cannot compile Boost (a C++ library used by many C++ programs) on my
> UltraSparc. (See
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=3Ddetail&aid=3D1267229&grou=
p_id=3D7586&atid=3D107586
> for the complete report.)
>=20
> John Maddock made a sample program to demonstrate the issue. The
> following program fails on UltraSparc/NetBSD 2.0.1 while it compiles
> fine on the same type of UltraSparc with Debian/Linux:
>=20
> --- cut ---
> #include <iostream>
> #include <vector>
> #include <iterator>
> #include <algorithm>
> #include <type_traits.h>
> --- cut ---
>=20
> g++ 3.3

Well, well, well.  Series law, apparently, as this is the third report
of the same "bug" in two days.

/usr/include/g++/type_traits.h doesn't exist in gcc 3.3, and a fortiori
in NetBSD 2.0 and above.

What happened is that you didn't properly upgrade to 2.0, and thus left
obsolete files around.  Running 'postinstall fix obsolete' will fix
that.  'postinstall' is in /etc on 2.0.

Back to your issue, you want to include <bits/type_traits.h> instead.

--=20

--uWA6ivsFTdIbDdzo

--uWA6ivsFTdIbDdzo--