Subject: Re: NBSD installation
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/22/2005 07:33:49
On Sun, Aug 21, 2005 at 03:56:00PM -0700, Jerry VanBrimmer wrote:
> My ide1 drive is already partitioned likr this:
> hdb1  Pri      ext3
> hdb2  Ext
> hdb5  Logical  ext3
> hdb6  Log      ext3
> hdb7  Log      ext3
> hdb8  Log      ext3
> hdb9  Log      ext3
> hdb10 Log      ext3
> hdb11 Log      ext3
>
> I would like to install NetBSD in hdb11. Is that possible?

Should be - provided it is big enough (a few GB is plenty for the basic
install).

> I have lilo installed in the mbr of hda. Will lilo boot NBSD installed
> in hdb11?

I've not configured lilo, but all it will need to do is read in the
first sector of the netbsd partition (chainloading?)

sysinst might try quite hard to replace lilo with the netbsd mbr code,
but I think you get to say NO...

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk