Subject: Re: Trying to set up a VPN from a dynamic address
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Christos Zoulas <christos@astron.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/17/2005 19:49:49
In article <93065145bae665533c452c6d5e754489@distal.com>,
Chris Ross  <cross+netbsd@distal.com> wrote:

[dynamic IP on one end IPSEC]

>   But, as you see, it's for much more recent versions of NetBSD than
>I'm running.  These are both important machines, so I'm running
>released code on them.  I am hoping that I can continue to do
>this, but if I absolutely have to, I could probably test a pre-3.0 tree
>if I needed to.  I don't know how stable the 3.0_BETA branch is.
>The first question is "Can this sort of thing be done with NetBSD 2.x?"

I believe you can't do that with 2.x. Or it will be a really kludgy solution
that would require you to ssh in to setup tunnels and edit files. I am
not sure even if 3.0 has it.

If there is any consolation, all three of my gateways at work are running
3.99.6 as of July 5 and they have been up since then. I needed to do the
same thing you did, so I was forced to run current. I am not advising you
to do the same, but this was my choice.

christos