Subject: Re: Re: Out-of-date pkg_install in NetBSD-2.0.2?
To: netbsd-help <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: pcjul2005 <pcjul2005@caramail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/15/2005 17:33:46
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

--=_NextPart_Lycos_263451970086006_ID

> De: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
> > I created my own install CD from NetBSD-2.0.2
> >
> > Error: The package tools installed on this system are out of date.
> > The installed package tools are dated 2004/01/15 and you must update
> > them to at least 2005/02/04 using the following command:
>
> This is because package tools in current have been updated, and also
> the pkgtools/pkginstall package, but the tools haven't been pulled up
> to the netbsd-2-0 branch.  So yes, this is expected.
> You didn't say how you got pkgsrc.  From your description, it sounds
> to me like you have pkgsrc from a mix of dates, rather than a
> consistent update from either the head or the pkgsrc-2005Q2 branch.

I don't remember where I got pkgsrc from, but I would guess that it
was whatever pkgsrc-current was on July, 20th, 2005.

> It may be that you found an ok workaround, but there's something
> significantly wrong with either your system, your update of pkgsrc, or
> pkgsrc itself.  I haven't seen any similar reports, so it is likely
> one of the first two.

For the record (should someone else stumble on this problem and want
to try it), I had to make other changes to /etc/mk.conf to set XMKMF_CMD.
However, building Xaw3d-1.5E fails anyway (somehow, X11BASE and LOCALBASE
get mixed up).  OTOH, dillo built without problems.

To summarize: is it correct to say that I should download the head of the
pkgsrc-2005Q2 branch (any pointers from which directory to download it?
I haven't looked yet, but I don't remember seeing directories with 2005Q2
in their names) to go together with the netbsd-2-0/200508040000Z that I
already have?

Many thanks for your help,
--
Philippe Crama