Subject: Re: Moving Files From Mac OS X To NetBSD
To: NetBSD Help <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Jeffrey Flowers <orsiros@fastmail.fm>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/11/2005 00:08:15
On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 01:30:40 +0200 (CEST), "Hubert Feyrer"
<hubertf@gmx.de> said:
> In article <1123597920.12050.240299269@webmail.messagingengine.com> you
> wrote:
> > My Macintosh comes with Bzip2, GNU Tar, and InfoZIP. Any thoughts on
> > which
> > tool would be best for this purpose?
>
> bzip2 is just for (single) file compression
> GNU tar is probably ok
> I don't know InfoZIP
>
> If it's there, you could also try pax, which is covered by SUSv3 and at
> least present on NetBSD. It should be able to write multiple formats.
>

>  - Hubert

I know I said bzip2 but I meant to say Pax. I am so red faced!

In any case, I did what someone else suggested; I did one backup with
tar and one
backup with zip. Also, InfoZip's FAQ indicated that it is basically only
limited by what
the hosting OS can support, so it should all work out.

Thanks everyone.

--
Jeff Flowers