Subject: Re: bin-pkgs for future uses
To: None <bernardo@grad.icmc.usp.br>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/10/2005 18:10:49
On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 bernardo@grad.icmc.usp.br wrote:

> Could someone help with pkg tools? I do pkg_add -v
> ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/2.0/i386/All/<package_name>.
> It gets the <package_name> and all its dependencies. It works. But it
> gets the dependencies and store them in a place that i dont known or it
> doesnt do it.

It doesn't do this yet. But it has been proposed.

> How do I pkg_add a pkg and in the same time save all the
> dependencies and the pkg itself for future uses like formatting HD and
> reinstalling netbsd??? Even make bin-install doesnt do it on
> /usr/pkgsrc/distfiles/...and the make fetch does it with the source
> installing process, downloading unneeded pkgs for a little bin install...

Please file a request using send-pr for the pkg_add to have an option to
save the remotely-fetched package locally.

Also, have an option to force use of local depository even if pkg-name has
some remote or other path (so it is not downloaded again).

  Jeremy C. Reed

  	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
 	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/