Subject: Re: Network device not configured
To: Andy Caldera <boxv1@yahoo.com>
From: Pavel Cahyna <cahyna@pc313.imc.cas.cz>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/07/2005 18:02:06
[ moving this to port-i386 from netbsd-help ]

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 12:46:51 -0700, Andy Caldera wrote:

> Greetings to all. I'm coming from Linux trying out NetBSD on this old laptop IBM 760XD. This is my first experience with asking for help for anything, so bear with me.
>
> I have several Cardbus PCMCIA cards... One that uses the 'rtk' driver, a Linksys EtherFast PCM200 which uses 'tlp' ?, a wireless card that uses the 'ath' driver and a NetGear wireless PC Card MA521, of which I am not sure which driver it uses if someone could tell me... I have tried them all on my two PCMCIA Cardbus slots type II.
> I get this with all cards, rtk for example:
>
> # ifconfig rtk0 up
> ifconfig: SIOCGIFFLAGS rtk0: Device not configured

If you look in the dmesg that you posted, you'll find that there really is
no rtk0 detected.

> cbb0 at pci0 dev 2 function 0: Texas Instruments PCI1130 PCI-CardBus
> Bridge (rev. 0x04)
>
> cbb0: NOT USED because of unconfigured interrupt
>
> cbb1 at pci0 dev 2 function 1: Texas Instruments PCI1130 PCI-CardBus
> Bridge (rev. 0x04)
>
> cbb1: NOT USED because of unconfigured interrupt

And that's the cause - the Cardbus bridge can't be used, so no Cardbus
cards can't work.

I don't know how to solve this, but maybe someone on the port-i386@
mailing list will know.

Bye	Pavel