Subject: Re: pinging from NetBSD router slow than from workstation
To: Pavel Cahyna <pavel.cahyna@st.mff.cuni.cz>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/04/2005 17:04:57
On Thu, 7 Jul 2005, Pavel Cahyna wrote:

> I think a fix was recently committed to -current.

Thanks.

I patched my netbsd-2 based on that sys/arch/i386/i386/identcpu.c and
sys/arch/i386/i386/cpu.c and it seems to help.

I looked into this again, because pine was pausing a lot. The pine
developers looked at my detailed pine debugging logs and said something
was probably wrong with my system clock. Now with new kernel, ping works
correctly and pine appears to work good too.

named was also complaining about: slave zone "........net" time warp -- I
think that is now fixed also since it now says slave zone loaded.

I will request a pullup for netbsd-2.

  Jeremy C. Reed

  	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
 	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/