Subject: updating packages installed from pkgsrc ?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Mehul Sanghvi <mehul.sanghvi@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/02/2005 11:05:59
'allo,

     Using lintpkgsrc(1)  (which does not have a man page entry at the
NetBSD Man pages
website), I am able to get a list of packages that are older then what
is currently
available in pkgsrc.  According to the docs, I have to do a 'make
update' in order to update
it and rebuild the dependencies.

     What is not clear from the docs is where to issue the 'make
update' from.  Do I just
do that from the top level /usr/pkgsrc directory  and it will update
all the packages that
lintpkgsrc reports as needing an update (assuming 'make update'  makes
use of lintpkgsrc
to figure out what it needs to update) ?   Or do I have to go the
directory for each package
and then do a 'make update' (implying that I need to do some work in
order to provide 'make
update' with the correct list of packages) ?=20

     Is there a way to do an unattended 'make update' ?  I'm used to
doing 'apt-get upgrade'
on Debian systems.

cheers,

     mehul