Subject: Boot from NetBSD 2.0 install CD hangs
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Shridhar Daithankar <ghodechhap@ghodechhap.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/01/2005 08:34:48
Hello,

I am trying to install NetBSD2.0 on a HCL ezeebee laptop. The boot from
install CD hangs. These are the last few lines of the boot message

----------------
pcic0 at isa port 0x3e0-0x3ef iomem 0xd0000 - oxdffff irq
pcic0: controller 0(intel 82365SL-DF) has sockets A and B
pcmcia0 at pcic0 controller 0 socket 0
pcmcia1 at pcic0 controller 0 socket 1
----------------

I tried setting up pcic_isa_intr_alloc_mask,pcic_isa_alloc_iobase and
pcic_isa_alloc_iosize as instructed in INSTALL.html.  I had to consult the
symbol table of INSTALL kernel first. I assume netbsd-INSTALL is the kernel
being used for CD.

I also tried setting up the kernel on linux partition but lilo refuses to
install such a big kernel.

In desparation I dd'ed the bootlap1.fs to a spare partition(which I intend to
use for NetBSD). It gives me 5 seconds countdown but cannot find the netbsd
kernel to boot from.

Any help? How can I boot from CD by using a specific kernel?

Regards
 Shridhar