Subject: Re: ATA RAID driver compatibility
To: Supporto Tecnico <supporto@industriedigitali.it>
From: Simas Mockevicius <symka@NetBSD.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/22/2005 19:21:57
--5/uDoXvLw7AC5HRs

Hi,

as far as I remember NetBSD supports Promise PDC 20276.
Also, I have heard, that there is a so called 'experimental' driver
for PDC raid support:

<snip from GENERIC kernel config file:>

# ATA RAID configuration support, as found on some Promise controllers.
pseudo-device   ataraid
ld*     at ataraid? vendtype ? unit ?

<end of snip>

So - if you using it for the simple ATA IDE - it will work.
How about RAID? - just test - and let me know ;)

Sincerely,
Simas Mockevicius

On Wed, Jun 22, 2005 at 09:49:17AM +0200, Supporto Tecnico wrote:
> we want to start to install NetBsd to a gigabyte rackmount server that ha=
ve the Promise PDC 20276
> IDE RAID controller but we haven't found it in the HWC list there's a dri=
ver for it?
>=20
> thanks in advance
> Tech Support