Subject: Re: Siig CyberSerial 4S on netbsd 2.0 ?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/19/2005 00:48:04
In message <200506190511.j5J5BA63011127@guild.plethora.net>, Peter Seebach writ
es:
>A followup:  It has the same problems on Mac OS X.  The documentation says
>it can support 920kbps, but OS X thinks it can take 115200.  It doesn't appear
>to be a straight 8x, though.  I have been unable to get usable output from it,
>although I can get strings of weird characters, so I'm probably sorta close.

Okay, I'm confused.  I set the Mac to 57,600.  I got nearly-legible output,
with parity problems, setting my terminal to 76,800.  Yes, that's 1.33x57,600.

In short, this thing probably has a very weird custom baud rate table, and/or
is expecting setup from some very strange Windows driver before it can be
used.  I've written SIIG to ask for help, but I'm not optimistic.  Looks like
they did something pretty fucked up to a fairly standard serial chip to get
the 920kbps number they wanted on the high end.

-s