Subject: Re: Siig CyberSerial 4S on netbsd 2.0 ?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/19/2005 00:11:10
In message <20050614221303.GA2498@antioche.eu.org>, Manuel Bouyer writes:
>On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 11:47:24PM +0200, Brad du Plessis wrote:
>> >It's possible that it got the speed wrong. What is the maximum baud rate
>> >it's supposed to support ?
>>
>> I don't know, I tried it with a null modem cable as well at 2400 baud, and
>> it wasn't operating correctly. I would hope it can support 115200 baud.
>
>I think it can support much more than that, and the problem you're
>seeing could be a multiplier issue. For example, if it supports 230400, it's
>possible that when set to 9600 bauds at the driver level, it really operates
>at 19200.

A followup:  It has the same problems on Mac OS X.  The documentation says
it can support 920kbps, but OS X thinks it can take 115200.  It doesn't appear
to be a straight 8x, though.  I have been unable to get usable output from it,
although I can get strings of weird characters, so I'm probably sorta close.

-s