Subject: Re: SIP Express Server (SER).
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: James K. Lowden <jklowden@schemamania.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/16/2005 20:02:29
Glen Johnson wrote:
> I am trying to get SIP Express Router running.  I can use pkgsrc to
> build the project and install it into the system.
> I looked into the INSTALL file
> and it mentioned that there is a NetBSD/sparc64 port.  Does this mean
> that NetBSD can only execute this app if it is running on a sparc64?

No, that would mean just what it says: it works on NetBSD/sparc64.  It
doesn't imply that it doesn't work on, say, NetBSD/i386.

> Every time I try to run the program
> it gives a core dump and an error message "".

What is the name of the package?

$ grep -l SIP /usr/pkgsrc/net/*/DESCR
/usr/pkgsrc/net/kphone/DESCR
/usr/pkgsrc/net/liblive/DESCR
/usr/pkgsrc/net/partysip/DESCR

Those don't seem right.

I'd look at the configuration, checking for trying to open a device you
don't have, some leftover linuxism.  Failing that, run it under gdb and
get a backtrace; that should at least give you an idea where to look.

HTH.

--jkl